What is yahoo finance?
Yahoo Finance is a financial news and information website owned by Verizon Media. It provides a wide range of financial market data and news, including stock quotes, business and market news, financial analysis and commentary, and various tools and resources for personal finance management. It also includes a portfolio management tool that allows users to track their investments and manage their financial portfolio. Yahoo Finance is one of the most widely used financial news and information websites on the internet, providing users with up-to-date information on the stock market and other financial markets.
Is Yahoo Finance a good website?
Whether Yahoo Finance is a good website or not can be subjective and depend on individual needs and preferences. Here are a few points to consider:
Comprehensive financial information: Yahoo Finance offers a wide range of financial market data, news, analysis, and tools, making it a good resource for individuals and professionals who want to stay informed about financial markets.
User-friendly interface: The website has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate and provides a smooth user experience.
Accuracy of information: Yahoo Finance strives to provide accurate and up-to-date information, but as with any financial news source, the information should be independently verified before making any financial decisions.
Personalization: The website allows users to create personalized portfolios and track the performance of their investments, which can be a helpful tool for managing personal finances.
In conclusion, whether Yahoo Finance is a good website or not will depend on individual needs and preferences. It provides a comprehensive range of financial information and has a user-friendly interface, but as with any financial news source, the information should be independently verified.
Is Yahoo Finance data free?
Yahoo Finance provides some financial data for free, but some of the data and features on the website may require a subscription or payment. For example, real-time stock quotes, detailed financial data on specific companies, and advanced portfolio management tools are typically only available to paid subscribers. Basic stock quotes and market news are available for free to all users, but the level of detail and the amount of historical data available for free may be limited. To access the full range of data and features on Yahoo Finance, it may be necessary to pay a subscription fee.
How do I use Yahoo Finance stock screener?
Here are the steps to use the Yahoo Finance stock screener:
Go to the Yahoo Finance website: Visit the Yahoo Finance website at finance.yahoo.com to access the stock screener.
- Click on “Screener”: You can find the link to the screener on the top menu bar on the Yahoo Finance website.
- Set your criteria: Use the various filters on the left-hand side of the page to set your criteria for the stocks you want to screen. You can filter by industry, market cap, dividend yield, earnings growth, and many other factors.
- Run the screener: Once you have set your criteria, click the “Screen” button to run the screener. The results will be displayed in a table format, showing the relevant information for each stock that meets your criteria.
- Sort and filter the results: You can sort the results by clicking on the column headers in the table, or you can further filter the results by adding or adjusting criteria.
- View detailed information: You can click on a stock in the results table to view detailed information about the company, including financial statements, analyst ratings, and news articles.
These are the basic steps for using the Yahoo Finance stock screener. The screener is a powerful tool that can help you find stocks that meet your investment criteria, but it is important to keep in mind that screening results are not a guarantee of future performance and should be used as one of many factors in making investment decisions.